FULL MOON ENERGY & RITUAL
The full moon is the end of a lunar cycle - it represents completion and is the best time to release lower energies, surrender what no longer serves you, and to forgive those who have come into your life to teach you a lesson.
From the beginning of time, full moon ceremonies have been deeply rooted in many cultures; and today they remain an important part of any manifestation practice.
The Full Moon is a time when the moon - which represents our yin (feminine) energy, is full and bright in the night sky. Feminine traits are intensified and in full power, including our vulnerabilities, sensitivities, and emotions, and how we love, care, and nurture ourselves, others, and the planet.
While the energy of a full moon lasts 48 hours either side of the lunation, the moon is technically only full for a moment - when the sun and the moon are directly opposite each other. You can find out the exact time of the full moon in your location here: https://www.timeanddate.com/moon/phases/
The full moon is a powerful time for inner work, to heal from the past and bring your life back into harmony. It’s also the perfect time to celebrate your growth, take note of what progress you have made and to reflect on how far you have come. During the full moon period, we can hold space for ourselves by creating a self-care ritual to “clean the slate” in preparation for the new lunar cycle. That way when the new moon comes around (2 weeks later) we are prepped and set for all that we wish to manifest.
The best full moon ceremonies are ones that you create or adapt for yourself. If you love music – blast it, if you like dance – dance like no one is watching, do whatever works for you to get into that creative, joyful, free flowing space.
Don’t forget there’s no right or wrong – it’s all about being present, setting your intentions and raising your vibration.
- Cleanse your space – declutter, tidy, spring clean, burn some palo santo or sage. (Shop Cleanse kits, incense and sage here) Moving things around your home and personal space shifts any stagnant energy and welcomes change and transformation. Play music, draw, stretch – do what lights up your soul.
- Charge your crystals – just as we can release what no longer serves us under the full moon, so too do our crystals! Wipe them down, give them a dust and simply lay your crystals in a safe place and leave overnight to bathe in the light of the full moon before collecting them in the morning. (Shop our Crystal Power set – a must for every crystal collection)
- Release what no longer serves you – Light a Candle, and have a think about what’s happened in your life over the last two weeks. Write down what feels good and what doesn’t. What’s aligned with your energy and what hasn’t.
- Forgive those who have done you wrong. Forgiveness doesn’t mean that what the person did was ok. It means you’re not going to give the person or situation any low vibration attention any longer (anger, hurt, telling the same story, savage text messages etc). It signals to the universe that you are ready to move forward, you’re ready for better things.
- Acknowledge all that you’re grateful for – gratitude is the ultimate way to raise your vibration. Our vibrational frequency increases to 540 megahertz when we are in a true state of gratitude. The more time we spend time being thankful, then the more endorphins our body starts to make and the more energised we feel. The world suddenly gets brighter, and we are lit up from the inside.
- Be open to receiving new opportunities – open your mind and heart to possibilities. When you’re in alignment anything is possible – don’t allow your ego or limiting beliefs to prevent you from manifesting your dream life.
Here’s an example of the ceremony that we perform each month. The YC Full Moon Ritual details and Worksheet: