With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, we wanted to focus on all things L.O.V.E this month!
If you have been unlucky in love, this time of year can sometimes bring feelings of resentment or sadness – but we’d like to turn this around for you.
It’s often easy to forget, but love comes in many forms, not just that of a romantic relationship. A little gem called rose quartz will help you amplify all types of love, no matter your relationship status … yep, even if #itscomplicated
SYMBOLISM AND MEANING
Rose quartz is the stone of unconditional love. It enables us to seek compassion, empathy and forgiveness – which works wonders when mending frayed relationships between partners, friends or family members. By elevating your conscious to a higher level, your wisdom will be deepened and will allow you to see situations from a different perspective.
Any negativity which you have been harbouring will be replaced by an everlasting flow of unequivocal love. Your mind set will truly change when working with this crystal as all toxicity will be replaced with love and light. Rose Quartz also inspires the love of beauty, in oneself and others, in nature, and especially that which stimulates the imagination – art, music and the written word. The most beautiful thing about this stone is that it helps us to be forgiving of not only others, but also of ourselves. We can learn to truly love ourselves, and give ourselves the self-care and love we are worthy of receiving. As you can see, this stone isn’t only for those looking for romance! It can also greatly aid personal growth and happiness.
LOVED UP MYTHOLOGY
According to ancient mythology, Cupid (the Roman god of desire) or Eros (the Greek god of love) bestowed the gift of love to the human world in the form of rose quartz. It is said that the stone’s beautiful pink hue is a result of Aphrodite’s blood spilling over the stone while trying to save her dying lover Adonis. The lovers bled over the stone, and its lasting stain represents love of an eternal nature.
WHERE IS IT FOUND?
There is no shortage of this amazing gem! Rose quartz is found in abundance all over the world, but particularly in Brazil, Madagascar, India and South Africa.
HEAL YOUR HEART
Unsurprisingly, rose quartz is associated with the heart chakra. Its gentle feminine energy has the ability to dissolve emotional wounds, fears and resentments. As a result, divine loving energy will be able to circulate throughout the entire aura.
By healing the heart chakra using rose quartz, you open yourself up to giving and receiving love in all forms – providing a deep sense of self fulfilment.
ThoughtCo has amazing rose quartz meditation to assist you in healing your heart chakra.
HOW TO USE IT
• Rose quartz is a calming and reassuring crystal, excellent for use in trauma or crisis. It strengthens empathy, sensitivity, and aids in the acceptance of necessary change. It is also an excellent stone for comforting grief. If you have recently lost a loved one or I you are going through emotional upheaval, be sure to wear a rose quartz necklace or bracelet on a daily basis. Alternatively, carry a stone within your pocket or purse.
• To attract love or to strengthen a romantic relationship, place two rose quartz hearts and some pink roses on a private love altar and be sure to light some pink candles. Alternatively, you can enclose a photo of yourself and your lover within a heart shape made of many small rose quartz crystals. It’s all about manifesting those loving vibes!
• Rose quartz is a powerful aphrodisiac, stimulating sensual imagination so be sure to place some under your pillow or mattress to get that intimacy flowing!
-For friends + family:
• For children or friends who suffer from bad dreams, this stone can help to prevent nightmares. Place a stone under the pillow.
• Gift this stone to your sister or mum! Strengthen the bond between your relationships by each wearing a rose quartz necklace.
• Rose quartz makes an amazing wedding favour to keep those loved up vibes going!
They can be placed within a soy wax candle, making them the perfect keepsake.
• This stone can also help aid those who are trying to get pregnant. This best works when the stone is programmed and placed bedside or under the mattress.
-For the home + office:
• Rose Quartz may also be placed by the bed or in the relationship corner of the home to restore trust and harmony, and encourage unconditional love throughout the house or a particular space.
• A large piece of unpolished rose quartz in the workplace provides ongoing protection against intrusion and gossip.
• It is also a professional support stone for beauty consultants so if you’re in the hair and beauty industry, this is an essential stone for you! Place it on the reception desk or within your salon for all of the L.O.V.E.
“I will accept the light of love, I will beam the light of love.” If you’ve been on the lookout for the perfect rose quartz specimen, let us help you! We are rose quartz gurus here at Your Crystal and have a vast arrange of rose quartz to get you feeling all loved up! Get in touch today, and Happy Valentine’s Day, lovers!
Share this post
- Tags: Crystal